Are you interested in applying for a new job? Possibly a job in the DevOps field? Or even hiring for a DevOps related position? If so, read on….
The meaning of DevOps and the tooling associated with it differs depending on who you talk too or what company you work for. Personally, I think the following categories cover many aspects of what a DevOps interviewee should be familiar with. (Obviously its not possible to be a expert in each one….)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, Heroku)
- Orchestration (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban)
- Programming (Python, PowerShell, Java)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm)
- CI\CD Tools (Jenkins, Git, TFS, Ant, Maven)
- Collaboration (GitHub, Slack, Forums, Blogs)
For the benefit of others and myself, I am going to start a github repo with some sample DevOps questions in the above categories.