How easy is it to deploy Jenkins using Docker? On a scale of 1 to 10, I would say something between 2 – 4.
Here are the quick steps you can follow (along with links) to help you get the job done!
- First and foremost, you need to get Docker installed on your server. Here is a good link I would recommend.
- Next you will want to go to the Docker Store and search for Jenkins.
- Click on the “1” returned result
- Follow the instructions on the page to pull the image and run your Jenkins container
- I would recommend persisting your Jenkins data by specifying a volume when you start up\run the Docker Jenkins container.(-v /your/home:/var/jenkins_home)
- -v, –volume=[host-src:]container-dest[:<options>]: Bind mount a volume